Sunday, November 15, 2009

MY Mission Field is the Home

Okay, the family is getting on to me about my lack of blog postings. I have known what my next post needs to be about, but to be quite honest I just have not sorted it all out in my head. I have tried a little to research the topic on the internet, but have yet to come up with any articles or blogs on the topic. So, I guess you are going to get to hear me process the whole topic right here and right now. The topic of the the home being the focus of my "mission field" has come up numerous times over the course of the last few weeks. I know beyond a shadow of doubt that God wants me to be at home with my children. I am grateful that God has provided and know that for now this is where He wants me. I realize that this may not always be the case, but for now it is abundantly clear that the home is my mission field at this stage and in this season of my children's lives. What does that mean? I am still sorting all of that out!! Yes, I spend my days meeting my children's needs, nuturing, teaching, guiding, and doing the things that need to be done. But, I feel like if this is truly my mission field I should be doing more. I really need to sort through what that means for me and I look forward to God showing me what all of this means. Confused yet? Hmmm... So am I!

No comments:

Post a Comment