Monday, March 29, 2010

Whoa!

The main reason I keep this blog is to have an ongoing journal of life in our home for the kids to look back on someday. I love to document the funny stories, the things they say, their activities, etc. One thing that I have thought about a lot lately is not wanting to send them the wrong message about parenthood. Yes, we have a ton of fun times and we are so blessed that God has given them to us to love. But, there is another side, too. This parenting thing is tough - really, really tough! We want the best for our children and want to instill the values and principles that we believe are crucial to raising independent, responsible, dedicated, and God loving individuals. It is not an easy road and sometimes the decisions that we make for our children are difficult, but necessary. I often feel like I am floundering and I know that I do not come close to being a perfect parent. Yes, I lose my cool quite a bit these days. My buttons do get pushed regularly. We have a lot on our hearts right now and are so thankful that we have God to direct and guide us. I struggle with prayer, but in the midst of this post God has laid it on my heart to commit to going into each of their rooms and praying for them before I go to bed each night. I guess He is telling me to lean on Him more! Okay, I got that message loud and clear! Guess it is good night for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment