On top of all our usual May activities, we have been preparing for the arrival of my grandfather -a.k.a PaPaPa to the kids. At the age of 94, he made the move from California to KY. I can not imagine how difficult this move must have been (and still is) for him. Not only leaving his home of 35+ years or so, but the physical and emotional toll of settling into a new place and traveling such a long distance. He and Dad arrived Saturday evening just moments before his belongings arrived via the moving truck. He is in an assisted living facility and seems to be settling in. He is not 100% satisfied, but we knew that he would be a bit critical. It is new and it will take time for him to get into the rhythm of the place and the other residents. He is a bit outspoken and has had to have a couple of "talks" from my dad - Hmmm... That could be a new blog segment - Out of the Mouths of the Elderly. Now that I think about it, I think I will pass! ;o) We are thrilled that he is here and the kids love going over to his place and checking out his "wheels" (motorized wheelchairs - he has 3 right now). I am so thankful that he has had the opportunity to finally meet Rylee and Ryan. He seems to be happy to be here and we continue to pray that he will soon feel like this is home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Thanks for the update ...I'm sure he will enjoy all the family times there. Thanks for all your help in the preparations.
ReplyDelete