Friday, March 13, 2009

The Never Ending Week!

Well, Morgan's "mild" case of the flu continues...We are now on Day #5. Will it ever end? I just pray that the rest of us remain healthy! The poor little guy is just not himself. He is functioning and has settled quite comfortably into his room, but I can tell by his behavior that he is just wiped out. He has spent his time watching TV (the biggest treat of being sick in our house - you get a TV moved into your room), reading, looking at baseball cards, and monitoring the hallway. He isn't sleeping much during the day and today was the first day that he really ate a "healthy" portion of food - It was peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but something is better than nothing at this point. I keep thinking we should be nearing the end, but every time I think things are looking up his temperature is back up and the sparkle in his eyes is gone...I just wish there was something I could do!! It is so hard to sit by and do absolutely nothing except dish out the medicine every few hours and take his temperature.
On the brighter side, we have a new box of Crayolas in the house! I can't tell you how much I love a new box of Crayolas...Now the question is, do I share them or savor them myself?!? ;o) Why is it that something so simple can cheer you up and make you feel like a child again?


No comments:

Post a Comment