Saturday, September 19, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes III - Courtesy of None Other Than...

Rylee!! Rylee must have sensed that Mommy really needed to post to the blog. True to fashion, she gave me a goodie to share! Lately, I have really been trying to work with Ryan on following directions. He is our wanderer and dreamer and getting him to focus on what he has been asked to do is sometimes a challenge. Often he is not distracted, but rather choosing to ignore me. So, tonight I asked him to do two things and gave him ample time to get those things done. Well, he totally missed one of the two tasks (same order every night) and was standing naked in the bathroom moving on to things that he would rather be doing such as eating the toothpaste off of his toothbrush. So, I had to "assist" him to time out since he refused to go. After sitting his little self down in time out, I started back down the hallway where I see Rylee standing naked in the middle of the bathroom with her head bowed and her hands folded. I couldn't help but giggle - Oh, how I wish I had a photo and could post the corresponding picture, but I am sure that you can picture the scene. She saw me standing there when she looked up and said "I was praying to God!" After praising her for following my directions and after getting her to bed, I asked her what she was saying to God. Her response "I was praying for Ryan that he listen. I was also saying that parents obey their children." I quickly praised her for talking to God even though it wasn't mealtime or bedtime and told her that God likes to hear from her throughout the day and not just at those times. Oh dear! This girl never fails to make me laugh! Makes me think... How often do I stop and pray during my day in those "out of the blue" moments - You know, God doesn't care if we are naked or not - He just wants to hear from us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment