Thursday, September 10, 2009

Washington D.C or BUST!

Yesterday, Morgan headed to Washington D.C for a somewhat spontaneous trip with my parents. My dad is very passionate (some might say "opinionated") about politics. He majored in political science when he was in college. He was born into a military family and retired from the Air Force himself. He is a very patriotic and loyal man who loves his country! I think the older he becomes, the more outspoken he becomes either that or I am just more aware of his thoughts now that I am older. A few weeks ago, he began talking about the big "Tea Party" or March on Washington which takes place on September 12th. He had attended the event here in our town several months ago, but we didn't know if he was really serious about going to Washington D.C. or not. Guess what... He was serious and my parents and Morgan are headed up there as I write this post. We were able to apply for an "educational waiver" for Morgan so, it was an experience that we could not pass up. No matter what your beliefs or political party, how many countries can you speak up for your beliefs regarding the government without putting your life at risk!?! They plan to visit to Arlington (where my great uncle is buried), the Vietnam War Memorial (my dad served in Vietnam), the Smithsonian, the Lincoln Memorial, and whatever else they can squeeze in during their time there. Yes, they will be participating in a portion of the march. The day before they left, I took Morgan to the pediatrician as he was complaining of his ears hurting and his allergies have been going berserk for weeks now. Once we found out that it was a double ear infection, I requested non-refrigerated antibiotics since he would be traveling. Well, the pediatrician asked him what he was going to Washington D.C for...His response "I'm going to protest O**m*!" Yes, I wanted to crawl under my chair... Instead, I began explaining all of the things they would be doing on top of the march. She thought it was the funniest thing as she has been his pediatrician since he was 2 years old and it never fails he has a funny response to her questions. I can't wait to hear about their adventures and are so thrilled that he has the opportunity!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a wonderful time he is going to have! I hope they go to Robert E. Lee's house while they are at Arlington National Cemetary. The house is really neat and from the front of the house, you can see the Capitol, the Pentagon, and the Washington Monument. It's a wonderful sight. (We spent 5 days in D.C., and we could have stayed 10 days longer!) Please tell all of them that I hope they have a fabulous trip!!!
    :O)

    ReplyDelete