Monday, February 8, 2010

2 for 2

Mike has a new woman in his life! She is known as the "Pioneer Woman". Last week, I checked out her new cookbook from the semi-local library. This week, I decided to try two of her recipes and made them in back-to-back nights. Let's just say, Mike has been eating well and the kids have loved every bite as well. Pioneer Woman, you have gotten 2 thumbs up from our crew for both the "Flat Apple Pie" and the "Perfect Chili". Although, they are not very calorie friendly recipes, I must admit that I love them both: The chili because you can double the recipe and freeze it. The apple pie because you want a rustic look and I can not make a pie crust look good. So, I usually buy mine already in the tin in the freezer section. There are several other recipes that we are going to try and I am now going to have to explore her blog and see what else I can find. I'm thinking maybe I need to do the Julia & Julia thing and make one of her dishes each night for a year. It could be called the Pioneer Woman & Darcy Project. That would mean I have to cook every night. So, scrap that idea!! Bon Appetit!!

3 comments:

  1. We are big fans of her blog and follow her on Facebook. Everything we have tried has been great and I have had to pass along the recipes. Not calorie friendly but oh, so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you love photography you should check out hers. She has some wonderful Photoshop actions on her page.

    http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Pioneer woman! Tonight I made her restaurant style salsa - YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete