I am just one of those people that does not like to draw attention to myself, but these days that is just not possible. I recognize the importance of having contact with my childrens' teachers and greatly value that communication. I realize that parental involvement impacts a child's success and education positively. But, there are many days now that I would love to sneak into their schools to pick them up and just run. I never know what the teacher is going to share with me about their day with my child or about my child's behavior. I say this in some jest as I know the teachers well and they have my child's best interest at heart. They are comfortable sharing with me about my child and know that I care about how they behave and their progress. They also know that we are going to do what we can at home to help our child be successful. I must say that there has never been a serious offense and often there are some funny stories, but there are often little things that happen and are part of a child's normal development. Usually, these stories are about one Little in particular, who shall remain nameless. Today, was Ryan's turn. Evidently, Ryan was making "mean faces" at friends in the classroom and was in selective hearing mode. I shared this with my mom on the phone and told her that I was a little reluctant to pick up Rylee as I really didn't want double time today. Well, as you can probably guess, Rylee's teacher was at the door to greet me this afternoon. All I could say was "Oh No!". She grinned and said that Rylee had had a great day, but there had been a little episode. Well, let's just say that Rylee was kissed for the first time by a peer. Evidently, Rylee was swooning and quite enjoyed the experience. Once it became obvious to the teacher what was happening, she stepped in and explained that kissing was for at home. I must say, that Rylee's first kiss was from a very cute and sweet child!! Love was in the air! Never a dull moment around here...
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment