Thursday, April 29, 2010

"The" Time Is Coming...

Yesterday, it really hit me - We are getting ready to make some serious transitions in the coming months. Morgan is getting ready to leave elementary school and will be moving onward to the middle school. We love our elementary school and he has had such wonderful teachers and a great group of kids. So, going into the "great unknown" is a little unnerving. We know the biggest key will be helping Morgan find his niche. He is not much of a talker and I know that we are going to have to work at getting him to open up to us more during this upcoming stage of his life!! While we are preparing him and ourselves for middle school, the little ones are on the other side of the spectrum and are both getting ready to head to kindergarten. Yes, that day is just around the corner - Many days I thought the day would never come. I am excited for them both, but at the same time selfishly sad. Yes, it will be a 3 hour break each day, but you have no idea how long it has been since I have that length of time everyday without a child to care for... 7 years, I think. Yesterday, Rylee and Ryan had their kindergarten eye exams in preparation for kindergarten registration. Between their exam and all of the end of the year 5th grade activities, I have had to take a moment to let it all sink in. Eye exam results: Rylee is in good shape and the doctor has asked us to bring Ryan back in June for a follow-up when he is "fresh". So, we will return one morning in June when Ryan is a bit more attentive. He believes that he might need some correction... Just one problem, he has very little area in which he can attach glasses to between his ear and nose structure(ethnic related). Poor lil' fella!!! The child is going to have all these straps going every which way attempting to hold on glasses and his BAHA... Won't be a problem after surgery, but we might have to be creative prior to surgery if this is the case!! Yikes!!

1 comment:

  1. I would looooooove to have Morgan in my classroom!!!!!! (It was a wonderful gift, teaching at the middle school that my children attended...I knew what they were doing before they were doing it!)And I cannot believe that The Littles are so big!!! Getting ready for kindergarten!!! Yikes!!!!
    Loves to all!!!
    Marlo :)

    ReplyDelete