Monday, June 7, 2010

2 More Days...

until the 2009-2010 school year is officially over for Morgan. A 6th grader, I can't believe it! I know he will miss his elementary school dearly, but know he is looking forward to middle school and the opportunities available there. I am so thrilled that he was able to spend his elementary years in one school and with such a wonderful group of teachers and staff! We feel so blessed. Today, was a busy day as he had an awards assembly this morning. I am not one to brag about my children to the world over every little accomplishment, but he deserves a little bragging on today! He received numerous awards for the 3rd and 4th quarter: Grades, Accelerated Reader recognition (ranked both in his grade and school wide), Student of the Quarter, and Attendance. Hard to believe he got an attendance award- Now that he is in 5th grade, I believe he has finally acquired a strong immune system as he not only made it through 9 weeks, but 18 weeks without getting sick (or going to China). :o)

This evening was the annual 5th Grade Tribute. Don't these teachers realize that we parents know how quickly they are growing and we don't need these emotional moments!?! There was a slide show chronicling their years at the school, they signed "Because You Loved Me" dressed in black with white gloves with a black light, recited the presidents/Preamble/part of the Declaration of Independence, sang a few songs, and had a talent show. It was a fun and sentimental night!

No comments:

Post a Comment