Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I "Heart" Our Teachers

Good thing I started early this year...It is that time of the year again - teacher gift giving. This year, Morgan had 4 teachers, Ryan had 2 - plus 2 his speech therapist and deaf ed. teacher, and Rylee had 2. Then, there is the speech therapist through our insurance and the bus driver. Whew! Yep, that is a lot. Thus, the need to begin these projects early. As always, I had to challenge myself and needed to try something new. Since I have wanted to tackle this craft for several months now and figured the teachers were the perfect ones to try it out on. So, with saw in hand and ton of colored pencils, I went to work! The result = 5 monograms. One for each of the teachers that has a permanent classroom.















I also made some "berry" gift packs. With a "Thank you so 'berry' much!" or "Thank you for a 'berry' special year!" tag attached. In the gift packs were a variety of mix and match stuff: strawberry soda in a glass bottle, Wind & Willow strawberries and cream cheeseball mix, a strawberry shortcake scented candle, strawberry bon-bon hard candies (gotta love the dollar store), and strawberry plant bulb (actual plant, but has to be planted below the ground). Results = 5 strawberry gift packs. Bus driver and speech therapist both get a smaller version with just the Wind & Willow strawberries and cream cheeseball mix.















Oh, and one more little thing I made for a couple of people - a canvas bag: Easy, peasy and cost a grand total of probably $3 to make!! Yep, I've was busy - But, loved every moment!!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely positively DARLING!!!!!!
    :o) Marlo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love your ideas!!!!

    ReplyDelete