Thursday, March 19, 2009

"Situations"

It's nearly time to go pick up Miss Rylee from preschool. I am a little reluctant as the last two times the teacher has pulled me aside to discuss a "situation" that occurred that day. As you might guess, a "situation" is never an opportunity to discuss a behavior worthy of documenting on the fridge, but rather "an opportunity for growth". I don't remember many "situations" when I was growing up. I remember getting into my share of TROUBLE, but don't remember specific "situations". The previous "situations" have each been different and may be somewhat related to her age or the fact that she has brothers. Nevertheless, they've still been "opportunities for growth" and let's just say we've "seized" that opportunity. I am a little on edge about picking her up today, but I'm reminded that each day God gives us an opportunity to do the right thing, make the right choice, or be involved in a "situation". I need these reminders and am continously amazed at how our children can teach us a thing or two about life! I, too, must strive to make the right choices and to not involve myself in "situations"!

1 comment:

  1. Without going into too many details...Miss Janelle definitely has had her share of 'situations'. While difficult to endure and made me question every decision I have made as a parent, it has shaped and molded her into who she is today...a very independent determined young woman. Rylee will be fine...and yes, so will you! Sending lots of love to you all...

    ReplyDelete