Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Gift of Easter
































I am a bit behind on the Easter post. After viewing our Easter pictures, we discovered why our pictures have not been coming out very well - Evidently, Mike changed the settings on the camera to compensate for the lighting in the gym at Morgan's school (see 4/3 post). I was bummed that the beach pictures did not come out as bright as I had hoped and figured it was the mist from the rain and ocean. Then, the Easter round of photos were not very good either. Then, the light bulb moment! Oh well... I decided to do a couple of digital scrapbook layouts to compensate for the lack of quality photos.

We love the Easter season and it always seems to sneak up on us! I am not sure if it is because Spring Break usually falls around this time or because of the hustle and bustle of the university at the end of the year. Next year, I am not going to allow all of those things to cloud our celebration. I love to share the Easter story with the kids and although the little ones do not quite understand the full significance they are learning the story. They love to make the resurrection rolls and the anticipation of opening up the resurrection eggs! There continue to be many questions about Jesus and why He died. We have had discussions on sin and God's might power. I don't remember the exact date that I accepted Christ, but I do know that I made more of a public profession on Easter in 1991. So, sharing beyond our daily bible story and studying only the Easter story is especially sweet!




No comments:

Post a Comment