Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Crazy, Busy!

Is that grammatically correct? Hmmm... Well, it is what it is - crazy, busy! I have spent any "free time" these last two days "in the closets". Literally, in the kid's closets and drawers. Sorting through winter clothes, trying to figure out what summer clothes still fit, what clothes that I bought ahead at the end of last season will fit or already fit, yada yada yada - I am a fairly organized person, but this job is so tedious and exhausting. So, that is one reason for my lack of posts.

I did want to document some "Out of the Mouths of Babes" things before I forgot...

Rylee: On Sunday, she and I went shopping for some shorts for her gymnastics class. Oh, she is taking gymnastics and it started yesterday. Unfortunately, in the process of rounding everyone up to take her, I left my camera on the table by the garage door. She ate up the class and absolutely loved it! The whole time I was sitting there watching her I was thinking "Come on girl, use up all that energy you got bottled up inside of that little body!" Back to the story, on the way to L. for shopping, she wanted to talk about "baptatism". Yes, it was just her and me (Mike is not there once again. And, we are in the car! Most of our deep discussions end up in the car. It was the same way with Morgan). So, we discussed it on the most basic way I could. I had to tell her that Pastor Bill would be the one to baptize her and not Mommy. Later as we are walking into a store she announces "Dr Phil is going to baptatize me!" She is still insisting that is who is going to baptatize her!

Ryan: Yesterday, while giving him a shower. We are in the process of teaching him to become a little more independent with that task...I step away for a moment and then come back and peek around the shower curtain and he says (with all seriousness) - "Where is my tail?" It appeared like he had been straining to see his tail. We don't call their backside their "tail" so, I think he seriously thought he had a tail. Oh my goodness!

Best go - one more sock and underwear drawer to go! UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment