Friday, May 1, 2009

Derby Day !
















Happy Derby Day! This morning, as per family tradition, we all made our picks for the big race. Unlike most, we don't make our picks based on the stats or odds, we pick by name and in some cases the silks.

We are slowly easing into the KY traditions and this year have added a KY Derby party to our annual watching of the race. I have yet to learn how to make derby pies, hot browns and mint juleps. So, KFC is on the menu this year. Next year, Rylee and I will have to go shopping for our derby hats!

Here are our picks:
Mike: Hold Me Back
Darcy: Join in the Dance
Morgan: Chocolate Candy
Rylee: Atomic Rain
Ryan: General Quarters
Grams & PaPa: General Quarters

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to send you my derby pie recipe for next year! I think the winner surprised us all this year.

    ReplyDelete