Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Like every Mother's Day, my morning started off with lots of "Happy Mother's Day" wishes from Mike and the kids. Then, my morning began as every Sunday morning - trying to get myself and everyone else ready for 8am church. The only difference is that it is Mother's Day Sunday and like every Mother's Day since Morgan was born, I can't help but think of those women who are either unable to have children or are having difficulties conceiving. It breaks my heart when I think of these women as I was one of those women sitting in the pew at church while the church recognized moms. I was the one sitting there trying to hold my composure and trying to be strong. And there was even one year that we had to leave church as I could not keep it together. I knew deep inside that God had a plan for our family, but my desire for a family was so deep and we had no real answers. All these years later, God has tripled his blessings. When I was longing for the opportunity to be a mother to one child, He had plans for us to have three! He allowed me to go through that so that I could reach others in similar situations with great empathy and compassion. Although I could not see it at the time, God was preparing me to be the person I am today! How blessed I am!




That would be part of my Mother's Day present...A video taken with my new handy, dandy digital video camera. I am so excited because it fits in my purse so, I will have it with me at all times to snap a photo or to film a video clip! Stay tuned for "circus moments"!

No comments:

Post a Comment