Yesterday, I received a very raspy phone call from Mike that went a little like this... "Hey, I have something strange going on I need to tell you about.... In the last couple of hours my throat has felt like its closing." Let's just say I freaked out a little and told him to go immediately to the ER. When I could hear the resistance in his voice I told him that he either needed to go to the ER or call our physician. Mike has a record of getting those most bizarre ailments so, there was no telling what was wrong this time. Did he go? Of course not, he's a guy. A stubborn male. He came by gymnastics and picked up the boys and went home. When I got home he was barbecuing our dinner. It was after I found out that he came home and fell asleep that I figured he really must not be feeling well. So, I took a gander. OH MY!!! Let's just say I told him that he needed to be seen. So, at 7pm he finally took my advice and went to a walk-in clinic in town (did I mention he is stubborn?!) : ) . The nurse looked in his mouth and was flabbergasted. Her exact words, I understand, were "Oh my G*d". She had no idea what was wrong and then asked to look at it again. Apparently this happened a total of 3 times. She told him she'd seen a thousand throats in her life "but I've never seen anything like THAT". She ran a strep test just to rule it out, and that came up negative. Having absolutely no idea what was wrong and being concerned he may be having some sort of bad allergic reaction, she sent him to the ER. Four hours later, he was diagnosed with uvulitis. Who knew there was such a thing...Okay, now we can add this one to his bizarre list of conditions. Probably too much information for some of you, but this is one for our books. So, it gets a blog post!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Hmmm...interesting. I didn't know that a uvula could get infected. So are they treating him with antibiotics? Is the rest of his throat infected? Maybe it's just stubborn man cooties! Give him our best, and I hope he's feeling better soon!
ReplyDelete:o) Marlo