



OK, so perhaps "King of the Hill" is a bit overstated but that's what his beaming with pride dad called it, so I thought I'd go with it. Morgan had his first opportunity to pitch today and he did great. While we're not ready to begin seeking an agent for him, considering it was his first time ever to do this, he did remarkably well. Most coaches will tell you that at this age a good pitcher is simply a kid who throws strikes. There is nothing more frustrating for coaches, other players, and parents than to have to sit through the "merry-go-round" of walks. Morgan went 3 innings and I don't think he walked more than 2-3 batters and he hit none. He even recorded his first strikeouts (and yes the "s" is not a typo!). 3 complete innings took him to his 75 pitch count maximum so he was forced to come out at that time. As usual, he is MUCH harder on himself than anyone else could ever be, but I think deep down he knows he did extremely well for his first time out there. As for me? Pass the Imodium, please.




Way to go Morgan!!!!!!!! Right there with you with the anxious mom feelings.....unfortunately I been told it doesn't get any better as the mom of the pitcher.....
ReplyDelete