Snow day #5 for the year, but snow day #2 for this week. We are looking forward to spring!! Ryan got out of the van on Sunday and said in a huff "It's winter agaiiin?!?" Guess he was not thrilled with the cold air that blasted in as Mike opened the door! I asked the kids what they each wanted to do today as yesterday was filled with tons of arguing, fighting, and people getting hurt as during a game called "Fumble Fight". Bet you can't guess who concocted that game! The Costanzas (I have chosen to go with that nickname today after yesterday's fiasco) both decided that they wanted to go outside and play. I figured it would be a great thing for them to do while I worked out on the elliptical. So, I gathered their clothing and told them to get ready. I then packed the laundry basket with all their fresh clothes so that they could change before going into the house. Well, let's just say that they lasted outside a grand total of probably 10 minutes. I know that because I probably spent 3 minutes shooting some pictures and the elliptical had 7 minutes on it when they came in - Now, during those 7 minutes that I had worked out, I was called away multiple times to either help someone with one snow accessory or another, to wrangle Scooter away from them, or to referee. I was glad when they finally came as it took them another 10 minutes at least to undress and put on fresh clothes. Then, they were expected to sit and wait until I finished with my torture machine! There is nothing better than having onlookers while huffing, puffing, and sweating!! They did enjoy their short lived time outside as they got to make their long anticipated snow angels - So, I guess in the end it was all worth it! 








What's that stuff sticking up through the snow? I hear there's stuff under there called GRASS...wouldn't know...and won't for a while here! 3 feet of snow is a lot to melt.... Glad your kids can enjoy their snow...even for just 10 minutes!!! Mine were out throwing snowballs at each other today!
ReplyDelete