Yes, I still blog...You wouldn't know it from the last week or two. I have spent any free time that I have working on converting our 2007 and 2008 blog posts into the blog book. Whew - I have never been so happy to finish a project especially since I had just done the first book a few months ago! Our 2005 and 2006 book was about 100 pages. This one ended up being 178 pages. The program I have been using is fine, but extremely tedious and time consuming. Not only that, but the program wouldn't download the pictures so, I had to go back and either get them off the blog or go into my files and pull them out of there. It is done and when it arrives I am sure that I will feel as if it was well worth.
What else have I been up to, you ask? Well... some people have convinced me to try my hand at opening a store on Etsy (Ebay style site for crafters). So, I have been working on that these past few days. I am a bit apprehensive as well as a little excited. I love, love, love doing my little projects, but just am not sure anyone wants to buy them...We shall see. I know God has given me certain gifts and I feel like I need to step out in faith. I plan to donate 10% of the profits to Shaohannah's Hope and hope to generate another fund (if this works out) for giving to families that we come in contact with that are adopting. That is the plan and I am slowly, but surely working on this. Stay tuned...
Okay...So, I read an article this weekend that really hit home for me. It talked about building a "yes" home. I say "no" way too much and have been attempting this week to say "yes" a little more often. Let me clarify... I am saying "yes" if it is a reasonable request that works for us at the time. I wish I had a photo of "Miss R" when she asked if she could do something and I responded with much enthusiasm "YES! YES! YES..YOU MAY!" You would have thought I had said...Tonight, we are having ice cream for dinner. Hmmm...there is an idea that would freak them out. In my mind, I knew the value of saying "yes" more often, but just needed a little reminder... So, there you have it... the 3-letter word.
What else have I been up to, you ask? Well... some people have convinced me to try my hand at opening a store on Etsy (Ebay style site for crafters). So, I have been working on that these past few days. I am a bit apprehensive as well as a little excited. I love, love, love doing my little projects, but just am not sure anyone wants to buy them...We shall see. I know God has given me certain gifts and I feel like I need to step out in faith. I plan to donate 10% of the profits to Shaohannah's Hope and hope to generate another fund (if this works out) for giving to families that we come in contact with that are adopting. That is the plan and I am slowly, but surely working on this. Stay tuned...
Okay...So, I read an article this weekend that really hit home for me. It talked about building a "yes" home. I say "no" way too much and have been attempting this week to say "yes" a little more often. Let me clarify... I am saying "yes" if it is a reasonable request that works for us at the time. I wish I had a photo of "Miss R" when she asked if she could do something and I responded with much enthusiasm "YES! YES! YES..YOU MAY!" You would have thought I had said...Tonight, we are having ice cream for dinner. Hmmm...there is an idea that would freak them out. In my mind, I knew the value of saying "yes" more often, but just needed a little reminder... So, there you have it... the 3-letter word.




No comments:
Post a Comment