How fitting it is that I have been working on a Small World picture/canvas for the kids play area and I have found several old friends in the past 24 hours. A friend emailed me and told me that I needed to sign up for F*c*b**k (That looks like a dirty word, doesn't it?!? Yikes! - Oh well, hopefully you can add in the vowels - Really don't want people stumbling upon my blog because they searched that site). I did and am amazed!
Having grown up as a "military brat", we moved every 3 1/2 to 4 years. It was a wonderful experience and one that I would never go back and change. I got to see parts of the world and have experiences that I may never have had otherwise . The experience had a hand in shaping me into the person I am today. The most difficult thing for me about being a "military brat" was leaving behind friends or saying goodbye to friends who's father/mother were being restationed. Having moved so much, typically I would lose touch with friends after a year or so. I graduated from high school in Okinawa, Japan so once we all graduated we dispersed throughout the United States - some to college, some to the military, and some to the civilian workforce...What fond memories I have of this time - It was a close knit group of teenagers all stuck on a tropical island in a foreign (for most) country at a high school on a military base. It is this group that is slowly reconnecting through the site and catching up on 20+ years. It has been great to see where life has taken them and amazing to see where they all now call "home". I can't wait to pull out the yearbooks and try to put together some more of the pieces and to further witness what a "small world" we really do live in!
Having grown up as a "military brat", we moved every 3 1/2 to 4 years. It was a wonderful experience and one that I would never go back and change. I got to see parts of the world and have experiences that I may never have had otherwise . The experience had a hand in shaping me into the person I am today. The most difficult thing for me about being a "military brat" was leaving behind friends or saying goodbye to friends who's father/mother were being restationed. Having moved so much, typically I would lose touch with friends after a year or so. I graduated from high school in Okinawa, Japan so once we all graduated we dispersed throughout the United States - some to college, some to the military, and some to the civilian workforce...What fond memories I have of this time - It was a close knit group of teenagers all stuck on a tropical island in a foreign (for most) country at a high school on a military base. It is this group that is slowly reconnecting through the site and catching up on 20+ years. It has been great to see where life has taken them and amazing to see where they all now call "home". I can't wait to pull out the yearbooks and try to put together some more of the pieces and to further witness what a "small world" we really do live in!




No comments:
Post a Comment