Friday, January 23, 2009

Never a dull moment...
I am just now getting around to posting this entry. Being a mom can be so hard some times and I just pray that I am answering all of the questions and handling the circumstances in the right way. Rylee's latest happened a week or so ago. I must preface this by noting that she is beginning to notice the differences in people. Rylee was home alone with me getting ready for school in her room while I was across the hall getting ready in our room. Out of the blue, she says "Mom, when I get older, will my skin be light like yours?" Caught off guard, as usual, I stumble to find the right response. I proceed to tell her that no her skin will not become lighter and tell her that our skin is the same color...Well, I should have known better as she proceeds to come into my room for a debate. I then tell her, she is right that her skin is a little "tanner" because she is from China but that her skin is beautiful and she has such a beautiful tan in the summer. How I wish she could see right now that we are much more the same than we are different. Right now, she is just expressing the differences she sees. All we can do is continue to demonstrate how alike we truly are and how much she is loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment