Friday, February 13, 2009

Congratulations...You Have Won!

I actually won something! I enter for different things here and there never really expecting to win...I figure that if I win, great! Truthfully, I forget half the time what I contests I have entered. To my surprise, I got an email a couple of weeks ago saying that I had won one of the contests through Family Fun magazine which I didn't even remember entering. I was so excited, even though we already have the Leap Frog TAG system, it was the fact that I had won something! The only other contest I ever remember winning was a costume contest for my age group at Ellsworth A.F.B. in South Dakota when I was in elementary school. Mom and Dad had bought two costumes while we lived in England. Since I had outgrown the Buckingham Palace guard uniform costume, I wore the Dutch girl costume complete with wooden shoes. I won a travel alarm clock and Cindy, who was wearing the Buckingham Palace uniform won a bike. I will admit, I was a bit jealous...Travel alarm clock and a bike - what 11 year old wouldn't rather have the bike?!? Today, the package arrived and you would have thought I had won the lottery...Mike tends to have the winning streak in our family - Has won a red, Nano iPod and a cell phone all within 7 years...Being the great guy he is, he gave them to me...I can't decide whether or not he would be as excited with my winnings as I am with his...Not sure how "Happy Valentine's Day, Sweetheart - I got you your very own Leap Frog TAG Reader!" will go over. ;o)


No comments:

Post a Comment