Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day! If it is Valentine's Day, that must mean that spring is almost here! Although we enjoy Valentine's Day here in our house, we do not go all out. I am one of those that believes that every day is Valentine's Day...That you should show those that you love that you love them 365 days of the year! We give the kids a small heart shaped box of candy and decorate sugar cookies, but that is pretty much the extent of it. Mike and I don't typically go out on Valentine's night and usually just spend the evening hanging out with the kids - I guess we are getting old and don't like to have to wait on the waiting list at restaurants over 20 minutes...This year, I got a little creative bug and decided to do something different for Mike and went with my theory that Valentine's Day should be celebrated throughout the year. So, I decorated a little mailbox and filled it with a bunch of numbered disks - 52 to be exact. Each week this year, I am going to do something to show him how much he is loved and adored! We will keep it out so that I can be reminded each week of my commitment...It may be a simple note on the bathroom mirror, a small task that he can mark off his "To Do" list, or it may be something more extravagent like planning a date night down to the babysitter. I am hoping that I might be able to pull together a little scrapbook for him at the end of it. Should be interesting...If you have any fun and creative ideas, please email me!












When I was growing up, it was my Dad who would buy the Valentine's. Every Valentine's Day Cindy and I knew there was going to be a heart shaped box of chocolate and a card at our seats at the kitchen table that morning. It was something we looked forward to and even more special to us to know that it was something he enjoyed doing for us! Dad has continued that tradition by buying and giving the kids Valentine's and candies! He still buys me a valentine, too! Look at that smile on his face! Thanks, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment