Monday, August 24, 2009

The Last First Day of School at _______ Elementary!

This morning:

Today, was Morgan's last day of school at _______ Elementary. I would be extremely sad if it were our last year there, but with two more headed down their hallways we still have 7 more years to enjoy it! Oh my goodness! You know, that will make a total of 13 consecutive years having children in that school - As much as I hate to, I should put a disclaimer on this: Unless God calls us elsewhere. We love the elementary school and feel so fortunate to have been blessed with such wonderful teachers and experiences there!!

Morgan was quiet nervous this morning at the breakfast table. He was fidgety and kept asking me why I was "staring" at him. Let's just say, he was perched in his chair like a bird and constantly moving about... Ummm... Not sure why I was "staring" - You couldn't look anywhere, but at him because he was soo not himself!!

We took our annual "1st Day of School" picture out in front of the house. Once again, his clothing pick for the 1st day was his Phillies jersey. I swear the child has a closet full of clothes - You would not know it from the blog, however. I have realized that we get our monies worth when we do invest in the jerseys!! Mike also mentioned taking him to breakfast before school and Morgan chose not to go - Evidently, he suddenly does not care for McD*n*ld's breakfasts. So, he is there now and we are anxiously awaiting for his report on the 1st Day of School. This morning:

This afternoon:

He made it home and back. Our lil' guy of so many words didn't have much to say. I do know that one teacher is "strict" and that he changed classes with lots of different kids. Last year, the 4th graders went to homeroom and then got into different groups. The groups then traveled together throughout the day until homeroom at the end of the day. This year, it sounds as if they are getting them adjusted to the transition to middle school where they all move about to different classes and are not assigned to one travel group. He was bummed that his buddy wasn't with him the whole day, but I think he liked the fact that he was pretty much with every person in 5th grade at some point during the day. Other than the fact that he is tired, that is about all the scoop from the Big Guy!


No comments:

Post a Comment