Sunday, August 30, 2009

Party Animals!

We have had a weekend of birthday parties. I must say that the Littles love, love, love parties!! Yesterday, we were at B*yds Orchard out in Versailles playing in their play area, going on a hayride, and partying. Ryan's buddy turned 3 (see picture below).


























Afterward, we headed to a local Asian market to see what we could find. I was actually looking for bento boxes, but they were strictly a market and no boxes were to be found. Bummer! I'm thinking that will require a trip to the Walmart size Asian store in Cincinnati! For those wondering exactly what I am talking about, bento boxes are japanese style lunch boxes. Since the Littles love to eat small portions of lots of different things, I figured this would be right up their alley. I am all about being crafty, but I do not have time for creating the bento masterpieces that some people enjoy creating (bento box photos). The Littles might get a cute little treat from time-to-time if I get brave enough to try my hand at it. Until then, they will get lots of little finger foods. Back to the Asian store - Um... Let's just say it was very authentic. Rylee had to comment upon walking in about the smell. We could not read very many of the labels, but we did find a few finds - Shrimp chips that I used to eat in Okinawa, rice crackers that Mike brought back for Ryan from China, and hoisin sauce for a few recipes. If you need any duck eggs, roasted eel, dried squid, or instant jelly fish, just let us know - We know exactly where to find it!!












Today, it was another party. This one was at the local pool/water park. Rylee had a great time swimming, partying, and hanging out with other little girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment