
I am not sure why, but since we read from James 1 in class two weeks ago at church this verse keeps popping up. It was in my daily bible study book and it was on another blog that I linked to today about a family that has hit a brick wall in their pursuit to adopt a child from Ethiopia. I believe this scripture came up at least one other time prior to these two examples, but I had not yet made the connection. I've finally gotten it, but what now? I am not sure if I am suppose to pass along this scripture to someone else that I know or don't know that might be reading our blog, or if this is God's way of making sure that I memorize this passage, or if I am suppose to reflect upon it... As I am writing this, I believe that it is probably a combination of it all! Do I consider it "pure joy" when I face trials? Ummm... No! Should I? Yes! The word "pure" is the key word here as it is 100% joy - authentic joy - untainted joy. Okay, that is difficult to achieve alone, but to do in the midst of trials - Whew! I do know that when our faith is testing people are watching and watching closely - How we react and behave is truly a reflection of who we are and what we believe. "Pure Joy" something to strive for in all circumstances and can't be done apart from God!!




No comments:
Post a Comment