I can't believe it is already August 7th. Not only that, but I have yet to post anything this month. Whew! I am not sure where the week has gone, but it has come and gone quickly! All I've got is a few ramblings...
The countdown is on - 17 more days until school starts for at least one child. No clue yet when the other two start yet.
Rylee has struck again - speaking what is on her mind!! While walking into Walmart the other day, she noticed a man getting off his motorcycle. She also noticed that he was not wearing a helmet. We have been talking about safety now that she is riding her bicycle without training wheels. In addition, one day many weeks ago I pointed out a motorcyclist on the interstate and asked her what was wrong with the picture. She figured out that he wasn't wearing a helmet... Well, you know exactly where this is going... She announces very loudly that "That man was not safe. He didn't wear his helmet." While I was "shooshing" her, he turned around and was very kind and told her that she was right. I wished that there was something for me to hide under because I was quite embarrassed. I briefly talked to her about using our manners and sharing those thoughts and questions when it is just she and I. Well, our lil' darlin' didn't stop there... Literally two seconds later she notices a man with a hearing aid and raises her voice and says "I know why that man has something in his ear - So he can hear!" I wanted to say, "Yes and I am sure he has heard everything you have said!" So, how do you teach them to be less conspicuous?!?
Let's see... We have a crazy, but fun weekend approaching - Another adoption playgroup gathering and I get to see my college roommate and her family. Sadly, we went to college in California together for 2 years and then both moved away. We have never lived so close to one another until we moved here. In the 8 years we have lived here, this will be the second time we have seen them and they live only 2 hours away. We are working on changing that!!
Ryan's birthday is quickly approaching. So, the cake designing marathon has begun. We know it will be a "turtle" cake, just have not decided how we are going to make it yet. I can't believe he will be 4! To hear him these days, it is amazing to hear how his speech has progressed. He is finally beginning to answer questions more precisely and will tell little stories. We have been working on sequencing picture stories and it is agonizing. I figured he would have no problems since he is so visual, but we have not made any progress. Ugh!
Well, that is it for now. Stay tuned!
The countdown is on - 17 more days until school starts for at least one child. No clue yet when the other two start yet.
Rylee has struck again - speaking what is on her mind!! While walking into Walmart the other day, she noticed a man getting off his motorcycle. She also noticed that he was not wearing a helmet. We have been talking about safety now that she is riding her bicycle without training wheels. In addition, one day many weeks ago I pointed out a motorcyclist on the interstate and asked her what was wrong with the picture. She figured out that he wasn't wearing a helmet... Well, you know exactly where this is going... She announces very loudly that "That man was not safe. He didn't wear his helmet." While I was "shooshing" her, he turned around and was very kind and told her that she was right. I wished that there was something for me to hide under because I was quite embarrassed. I briefly talked to her about using our manners and sharing those thoughts and questions when it is just she and I. Well, our lil' darlin' didn't stop there... Literally two seconds later she notices a man with a hearing aid and raises her voice and says "I know why that man has something in his ear - So he can hear!" I wanted to say, "Yes and I am sure he has heard everything you have said!" So, how do you teach them to be less conspicuous?!?
Let's see... We have a crazy, but fun weekend approaching - Another adoption playgroup gathering and I get to see my college roommate and her family. Sadly, we went to college in California together for 2 years and then both moved away. We have never lived so close to one another until we moved here. In the 8 years we have lived here, this will be the second time we have seen them and they live only 2 hours away. We are working on changing that!!
Ryan's birthday is quickly approaching. So, the cake designing marathon has begun. We know it will be a "turtle" cake, just have not decided how we are going to make it yet. I can't believe he will be 4! To hear him these days, it is amazing to hear how his speech has progressed. He is finally beginning to answer questions more precisely and will tell little stories. We have been working on sequencing picture stories and it is agonizing. I figured he would have no problems since he is so visual, but we have not made any progress. Ugh!
Well, that is it for now. Stay tuned!




Oh wow your Suichuan beauty is so much like mine! She often says stuff like this while in earshot of others -- hers lately has been smokers....sigh....
ReplyDeleteBecky - mom to Olivia (6) from Suichuan and Sophia (4) from Yugan