Friday, July 31, 2009

ERRRR...














Today has been one of THOSE days. I am not sure quite what the problem is, but it is one of those days that I just want to hang up my hat (if I wore one) and call it a day. We attempted to do some school shopping today. We were gone from 9:30 - 2:30 and only went into 4 stores and one of those stores really doesn't count as we literally spent only 5 minutes in there. Oh, I must add that we did eat lunch in that time. The people in T*rg*t were totally on my nerves - blocking the aisles in the school supply area and just standing around being indecisive. Ryan was sitting in the cart either grabbing items or holding onto the shelving so that I couldn't move. Rylee was bouncing around behind me not watching where she was going running into either other shoppers, me or the shelves. When she wasn't doing that, she was crawling through clothing racks. Nerve wracking, I tell you!! We arrived home and found Mike (who had been away again) had walked through the door only moments before... Let's just say, he got an earful and my gripes and complaints just snowballed - Poor guy! Luckily, he is a good listener!! Then, my mom called. Guess who got "the privilege" of listening to Part 2 of my ranting and raving... Yep, poor Mom got an earful, too. Yes, it has been a frustrating day - My children clearly know the expectations, but yet seem to forget once they exit the car. I can't help but think how much I am like them... I do my bible study in the morning and know what God expects from me. But, as soon as I walk out the door I often forget and go about "my" merry way!!

Hmmm...That was quite therapeutic! I was just going to let everyone hear me whine because I don't often write from the "Mommy trenches". I do have those days (more often than people think), but don't like to whine or complain. Yet, I think it is important for people to know that they are not alone. Oh well... It is out there. And hey, I learned something from it in the process - even sweeter!!


No comments:

Post a Comment