Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Commitment!

Confession time... I am desperately attempting to stick to my commitment to be in God's word and to lose weight. I struggle with this constantly!! By the time the end of the day rolls by, I am exhausted. The last thing I want to do after putting the kids down is to exercise and concentrate on anything of substance - Hmmm... maybe that is why I like reality tv shows... Anyway, I also like to "sleep in" until 7:00. However, once 7:00 rolls around the natives are restless and ready to rock-n-roll. Now, that is the dilemma. Exercising or concentrating on anything of substance during their waking hours is pretty much fruitless - If I do any of these things they are whining, complaining, or fighting. Thus, causing me to stop and restart constantly making it not even worth the effort and taking me 5 times as long. I know that I need to do these things and that I need to put these things first, but it is not easy! But, now I have to do it and I am going to do it! At this point, I am up and out of the bed at 6:30. At 7:00 a little Bible study - I have moved up the kids clock (They have a clock in their room and the minutes are covered - They know they have to stay in bed until 7:00 - a book or two is available to them. Worked like a charm when Morgan was little so, we have passed down our technique to them.) and I get my 20-30 minutes of Bible study in... I must admit that it was really hard to get up and onto the elliptical this morning, but I did it and I don't have to do it again until tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. Let me know how the book is...we have done her first two on the subject in our SS class:
    Bad Girls and Really Bad Girls and have enjoyed them both.
    Do you like the eliptical? (I mean in comparison to any other exercise equipment...face it, nobody LIKES to exercise...)

    ReplyDelete