The two little ones both have a fascination right now with letters. Ryan has loved the alphabet since a few months after arriving home. If we showed him a sign language book, he would grab it from you and immediately turn to the alphabet hand signs. Both know all of their letters at this point and the majority of their sounds. Letter activities and books are all over our house so, it is no wonder they love them. Twinks, for those of you who don't know she is our resident fairy, is now leaving a sight word on the bathroom mirror each week. Rylee is reading very simple 3-letter words (consonant, vowel, consonant) and Ryan is showing an interest in these activities as well.
I had Mike write out his experience this week with letters as the last time I posted about something that happened under his "watch", I got the story a little mixed up. So, here is Mike's latest experience:
I had Mike write out his experience this week with letters as the last time I posted about something that happened under his "watch", I got the story a little mixed up. So, here is Mike's latest experience:
So the kids are in my office (at the university) watching "Nemo" while Darcy is at the doctor. I'm sitting there answering some emails when Ryan decides he has to use the bathroom. I get up, pause the movie and we head off to the bathroom across the lobby. There's no one else in the bathroom so I wipe off the seats, sit them each on their own throne in their own stall, and step out to let them do their business. Next thing I know, from stall one I hear "Hey, Ryan!".....when she gets no answer (some people just have to concentrate a little harder than others you know), I hear "Hey, Ryan!" again. This time not waiting for a response I hear "Look at this - Letters! "F"......."U"....... Knowing where this is going (as you do also I'm sure) I loudly say "Rylee!....finish your business and let's go!" I hear two toilets flush, we wash-up and return to my office.
Note to self: When your children are learning their letters, avoid public restrooms!




Oh my! That is too funny. I could totally see that happening to me with my kindergarten daughter!
ReplyDelete