and counting! 7 is the number of days left until the children begin slowly to migrate from the nest - I did say "slowly" didn't I?!? Morgan starts on the 24th. Rumor has it Ryan starts on the 31st and Rylee is scheduled to begin September 3rd. We sat in limbo for quite awhile this summer wondering when we were going to start. The school district was originally scheduled to begin on the 13th of August. But, due to construction at one school they decided in June to postpone (at a cost of course) the start date by two weeks. Even then, rumors were flying all over town that they were going to push the date back even further until after Labor Day. Whew!Since this is pretty much our last week of summer, we decided we were going to "play" all week! We are going to do some things that we enjoy doing and things we just haven't had a chance to do yet. We are going to enjoy ourselves and our last few days before "the schedule" kicks back into gear.
Our "50 States in 50 Days" theme did not get completed, but that is okay! We will just continue it throughout the school year on those days that we need to break up the monotony - weekends when we don't have anything planned - rainy days - etc.
Today, we headed to the Louisville Zoo for the day. We have had a family pass since last July and it is about to expire. Since the kids had never played at Glacier Run, we went directly there and then went and saw a few of the animals we had never seen. The kids were great the entire day and had an absolute blast! Oh, I must say that I am not a big city driver when I do not know where I am going, but I did it!! We are going to have to invest in a GPS of our own - Susie is the best!!











Did Ryan find his walrus???
ReplyDelete