Friday, May 22, 2009

W.O.M.B - Priceless

"Weekend of Male Bonding" the 2009 version. This year it was even sweeter as we surprised Morgan with the excursion. Morgan was under the assumption that since it was during the week and he had school and Mike had work that it just was not going to be possible to go. Mike showed up at school right before the school day ended on Wednesday and picked him up. He then proceeded to tell Morgan that since it was a beautiful day that it would be a great day to change the oil in the cars - They have had this on their "To Do" list for two weeks now. He then told him that they needed to drive to _____ (town north of us) to get some oil. I think Morgan probably thought Mike was crazy. It didn't take Morgan long to discover the truth. As soon as he got into the car, he opened up his N*n*t**do and found the tickets. I think he was perfectly okay with the surprise! They saw the Phillies play the Reds on Wednesday night and Mike convinced him that Mom was not comfortable with them driving home and that they would stay overnight. The next morning, he was surprised to find another envelope with tickets to Thursday's day game (see photo). Yesterday, I received this phone call:

Morgan: "Hey Mom! I just got Ryan Howard's autograph!"
Me: "Are you kidding me? Did you talk to him?"
Morgan: "Gotta go - The game is starting" Click

I couldn't believe it! I want details and he hung up on me!! He threw Mom some crumbs and then hung up!! Well, he did get Ryan Howard's autograph and that is the one thing he has been dreaming about - Howard is the man!! This is Morgan's "hero"! Mike said his poor little hand was shaking as he handed Ryan Howard the ball.

Watching two Phillies games in person, a ball signed by Ryan Howard, catching a foul ball, watching Ryan Howard hit a home run, and Brad Lidge handing him a ball -- priceless! Morgan was beaming when he arrived home and it was a perfect surprise!

1 comment:

  1. Go big man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete