Sunday, June 28, 2009

Do you know....

which state has an official "state muffin"? New York, of course! Now, can you name the type of muffin? Apple!! Morgan discovered this little tidbit while reading his "States" book... Lucky for us, we had apple cinnamon muffin mix in our pantry! Today, we learned about New York. Since we hadlearned about the Statue of Liberty last year, I decided that we would talk about Niagara Falls and waterfalls. So, today we made and ate apple cinnamon muffins, watched Niagara Falls videos on the web, watched a Niagara Falls webcam, created our own waterfalls, talked about mist, and drove out to a local waterfall. Now, I must admit I thought the kids would get into creating their own waterfalls using dirt, rocks and water. Let's just say that we were not thrilled with the activity - guess the work of finding rocks was not on their agenda for the day. Their idea of a waterfall was dumping water over the top of an overturned tub. Hey, whatever makes them happy!! I am amazed at how much of these things they are remembering! Rylee struck up a conversation with my mom today about the Hope Diamond (falling behind on my posts...this one is to come!). We *heart* NY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment