Sunday, June 21, 2009

He Finally Got His Stripes!

Happy Father's Day!! We spent our afternoon at Grams and PaPa's house eating Grams' wonderful bbq ribs - It was a combination Father's Day and birthday celebration as we were gone for both my parents' birthdays. It is truly a blessing to have two important men in my life that I can celebrate with on this day! My dad and Mike. I can say that I have been blessed with a great father and my children have a wonderful father. My dad worked hard and made many sacrifices for our family while he was in the military. Although a little more "old school", he and my mom taught Cindy and I to be productive and responsible adults. Very much like my dad, I use humor to get through tough and uncomfortable times and do not like "goodbyes". I love you, Dad!

Now the other man in my life...Mike is very much a hands-on dad and tries his best to be involved in everything they do. Although I know how much he struggles to keep the balance between work and home, he does an awesome job in our eyes!! He is considerate, playful, and patient with the kids. He strives to teach them the values and qualities that will prepare them to be productive, God loving, adults with a strong sense of character and integrity. Although he has a few quirks (as all men do), we love him very much! For Father's Day, he received his stripes and is so anxious to sport them around town - Those would be the decals/stripes for his Herbie. Hopefully, Herbie will be on the road by fall!!

1 comment: